They were called out at 6:04 a.m. and arrived at 709 Carl C. Foulcard Drive at 6:08 a.m. to find a bedroom of the residence on fire with flames coming out the window.
The fire was contained to the bedroom and under control by 6:18 a.m. No one was at home at the time.
Chief Chuck Bourgeois said damage was probably due to an electrical malfunction. He estimated damage at $30,000 to the contents of residence and $20,000 to the structure.
Baldwin, Centerville and Charenton fire personnel rendered assistance.