The Franklin Miss & Master Pageant will be held at 4 p.m. at the Franklin Senior High Auditorium.
Categories will be:
- Baby Miss & Master – newborn to 11 months
- Tiny Miss & Master – 12 to 23 months
- Toddler Miss & Master – 2 to 3 years
- Petite Miss & Master – 4 to 5 years
- Little Miss – 6 to 8 years
- Deb Miss – 9 to 10 years
- Junior Teen Miss – 11 to 12 years
All contestants must live in St. Mary Parish. Contestants will be judged on Natural Beauty and Summer Best Dress. Fun accessories will be allowed for modeling.
Awards will be presented for Fashion and Photogenic in each division. Overall winners will receive a rhinestone tiara, a trophy and a custom sash.
The deadline for entry is Friday, July 15.
There will be a mandatory dress rehearsal Friday, July 22 at 6 p.m.
The Annual Miss and Teen Miss Franklin Scholarship Pageant will be held at 6 p.m. at the Franklin Senior High School auditorium.
Applicants must be:
- Ages 13 to 17 for the Teen Division and ages 18 to 23 for the Miss division.
- Single, never married, never pregnant or given birth to a child.
- Reside in St. Mary Parish.
- Be able to travel and represent the historic City of Franklin as an official ambassador at local and statewide events.
Contestants will be judged on Personal Interview (business suit), Sportswear (official pageant T-shirt and denim capris, shorts or skirt) and Evening Gown (floor-length, any color) all day Saturday, July 23.
Rehearsals will begin after the July 15 deadline.
Teen awards will include a rhinestone crown, a trophy and a custom sash. Miss awards will include a rhinestone crown, a trophy, a custom sash, an educational scholarship and the use of the Miss Franklin cape and mantle for one year.
The City of Franklin and the Franklin Lions Club sponsor both events.
Entry fee for the Annual Miss and Teen Miss Franklin Scholarship Pageant is $50.
For more information on either pageant, contact Susan Kerry Thibodeaux at 578-7854 or 836-1537.